- In the following conditions:
a. The “Seller” refers to Star Furniture Pte. Ltd., a company incorporated in Singapore with its registered office at 52 Sungei Kadut Avenue, Singapore 729675.
b. The “Buyer” refers to the person who has made the order for the Goods and is recognised by the Seller.
c. “Good(s)” refers to the products that the Seller has committed to supply, in accordance to the Conditions of Sale.
- All prices are stated in Singapore Dollar and are GST-inclusive.
- Seller reserves the rights to adjust the prices of the confirmed Good(s) if the Buyer requests for changes in the quantity, quality, specifications etc. of the ordered Good(s).
- The prices stated in this Sales Order are meant for local [mainland] delivery. Delivery to outside of Singapore mainland is not included. The Buyer is liable for additional charges incurred in packing and services rendered if the Buyer requests the Good(s) to be delivered outside of Singapore mainland.
- Seller will impose a delivery surcharge of SGD50 per delivery trip per location, for purchases below SGD500. For purchases SGD500 and above, the surcharge will be waived and there will be free delivery to 1 location only. Second delivery charges will be imposed in the event the Buyer requests to postpone delivery 1 working day or less prior to the agreed delivery date. Charges will be proportionate to the total purchase price.
- Seller will impose an additional Central Prime District delivery surcharge for all deliveries to the area* (as defined by The Seller). For purchases below $2,000, SGD$80 surcharge per delivery trip per location will apply. For purchases SGD$2,000 and above, the surcharge will be waived and there will be free delivery to 1 location only.
- In the event the Buyer requests for an exchange within 3 days after delivery, a minimum of SGD$80 or 20% restocking fee, whichever is higher, will apply on those Good(s) returned. Should the Buyer require the Seller to collect the Good(s) on his/her behalf, an additional delivery fee of SGD$120 will apply. However, the Seller reserves the right to refuse the exchange if the Good(s) are not returned in good and original conditions, or within 3 days after delivery.
- All our Good(s) are sold and delivered in good condition and are covered with a minimal of 1 (one) year warranty from the date of delivery, against manufacturing defects. (For more details, please refer to our warranty scheme) The Buyer shall bear all repair costs for defects which do not qualify under the scheme, or for those beyond the warranty period.
- The Seller shall be discharged from any liabilities arising from injuries, expenses, damages or consequential loss which may be attributed to the use of the Good(s). The Seller will not be liable for any design materials or advice given on the use or installation of the Good(s). Subject to the aforementioned, any liability for breach of a condition or warranty, whether implied or otherwise, is limited to the following (as elected by the Seller):
a. the replacement of the Good(s) or the supply of Good(s) of equivalent value;
b. the repair of the Good(s);
c. the payment of the cost of replacement of the Good(s) or of acquiring equivalent Good(s); or
d. the payment of the cost for having the Good(s) repaired.
- A minimum deposit of 50% of the total purchase amount must be made upon the signing of Sales Order.
- The deposit paid is non-refundable. The Seller reserves the rights to write off the deposit completely if the Buyer does not take delivery within 3 months of the agreed delivery date and/or 12 months from the issuance of this Sales Order.
- The Buyer cannot choose to cancel the Sales Order unless the Buyer has indemnified the Seller with a 30% cancellation fee, or in full the losses (including loss of profit), charges and expenses incurred by the Seller as a result of the cancellation, whichever is higher.
- All Good(s) taken out from the showrooms are in good condition, or otherwise accepted and endorsed by the Buyer. All display set(s) are non-exchangeable and are only valid for 6 months warranty (for manufacturing defects which were not present at point of purchase). All special order Good(s) are non-exchangeable and non-refundable. The Buyer is only allowed to exchange “ready-made” Good(s) but this has to be done at least 1 (one) week before the agreed delivery date. The value of the exchanged Good(s) must not be lower than the original Sales Order value.
- Any duties, taxes and additional duties and taxes levied by the Government are to be borne by the Buyer.
- The Seller shall not be responsible for clearing any unwanted furniture from the Buyer. The cost incurred by the Seller in clearing such unwanted furniture, especially when it obstructs the moving in of the Good(s) into the Buyer’s premises, shall be borne by the Buyer.
- This purchase is structured on a cash-on-delivery basis. The Buyer shall pay in cash the balance amount for this Sales Order upon the receipt of the Good(s). Cheque or credit card payment is not acceptable upon the delivery of the Good(s). If the Buyer opts to pay the balance amount by cheque, it must be received at least 7 (seven) working days before the delivery date. The Seller reserves the right to reject cheque payments that are made less than 7 (seven) working days before the delivery. Receipts will only be issued upon request.
- The date and time of delivery shall not be a significant term of the Sales agreement. The date and time is only given as an approximate, and is subjected to other internal and external factors that the Seller shall not be held accountable for.
- The Seller shall not be liable or be deemed to breach the Conditions of Sale if the delivery is delayed due to unforeseen circumstances that are beyond the Seller’s control. The Seller may however choose to substitute the delayed Good(s) with others of equivalent value, subject to the Buyer’s agreement; or choose to loan products to the Buyer to compensate him/her for the temporary loss of use for the Good(s), until the Good(s) are delivered.
- The Good(s) shall be delivered not later than 3 (three) months from the issuance of the Sales Order, unless agreed by the Seller. If the Buyer requests for further extension of the delivery date, the Seller reserves the rights to charge the Buyer for the storage cost incurred. The charges will be in accordance to the market storage rate and up to a maximum period of 2 months. On the expiry of the new confirmed delivery date, the Seller reserves the rights to act against the Buyer.
- The Seller reserves the rights to repossess the Good(s) in the event the Buyer fails to pay in full the balance amount upon receipt of the Good(s). Any request for re-delivery of the Good(s) will only be accepted after the Buyer honours the payment and indemnifies the Seller in full for all costs, charges and expenses incurred by the Seller as a result of re-possession and re-delivery of the Good(s). If the Buyer is not at the delivery address at the mutually agreed upon time, the Seller reserves the rights to charge the Buyer for the cost involved in the re-delivery of the Good(s).
- The Buyer shall inspect the Good(s) upon delivery. Should there be any visual defects, the Buyer must notify the Seller within 24 (twenty-four) hours after the delivery. The Seller reserves the rights not to address any complaints on visual defects after the stipulated time frame.
- All transactions and Buyer’s information are kept in the strictest confidence. Buyer’s data are collected solely for the purposes of completing transactions, tracking product and services improvements etc.
- Any disputes that cannot be resolved shall be referred to the Consumers Association of Singapore (CASE) Mediation Panel for resolution by mediation.
- The Singapore contractual laws shall apply to these Conditions of Sale.
Your cart is currently empty!